Some families celebrate the holidays at Church with relatives they haven’t seen in ages. Others celebrate by drinking enough alcohol that they end up breaking into the Christmas leftovers before 11pm. If you’re the type that likes to party-hardy for the winter festivities, this article is for you. Here are five easy to make Christmas cocktails to keep you warm this winter.
Cranberry Mimosas are a perfect match with your eggs and bacon on Christmas morning. It’s light, tastes great and has enough zing to keep you feeling good into the afternoon. On top of that, they are the easiest drink to make on this whole list! Here’s how to make a Cranberry Mimosa:
- Chill all ingredients.
- Pour ½ cup (4 ounces) cranberry juice into a glass.
- Pour 1 cup (8 ounces) champagne into the same glass.
- Put sparkling sugar around the rim.
- Put in frozen cranberries, as they will keep the drink cold and add flavor!
Make some Cranberry Mimosas for your family and friends this Christmas and the whole day will be a blast!
Everybody’s favorite Christmas grouch now has a delicious holiday cocktail inspired by him. The Grinch cocktail is a refreshing citrus and melon liqueur drink that shines green just like the guy it was named after! This cocktail makes for a great post-dinner party time drink and it’s easy to make. Here’s how:
- Pour 1/4 cup (2 ounces) of melon liqueur (Midori) into a glass
- Pour 1/2 ounce lemon juice into the same cup (If you love lemon, add a little extra)
- Pour 1 teaspoon simple syrup into the cup.
- Garnish the drink with Maraschino cherries.
The Grinch will be a hit every year at your Christmas get-together!
Jalapeno Margaritas are an awesome drink throughout the year, but when the weather gets cold and the holidays start to approach, they are a must have cocktail! The jalapenos give just enough heat to the classic margarita, warming up your whole body as you drink it. Have one of these before dinner and your meal will taste that much better! Here’s how to make it:
- Pour 1/4 cup (2 ounces) of tequila into a cocktail shaker.
- Pour 1/8 cup (1 ounce) of triple sec liqueur into the shaker.
- Pour 1 cup (8 ounces) of margarita mix into the shaker.
- Add ice and a couple of slices of a jalapeno pepper into the shaker and shake it up.
- Pour the shaker into a glass and add salt to the rim of the glass.
It will be easier than ever to stay warm this winter with these Jalapeno Margaritas!
Christmas Moscow Mule
A Christmas Moscow Mule will have you looking and feeling like the classiest person in the room this holiday. Moscow Mules are a classic whiskey drink, and this Christmas inspired version will have you feeling extra cheery this year! Here’s how to make it:
- Pour 1/4 cup (2 ounces) whiskey into a cup
- Pour 1/4 cup (2 ounces) cranberry juice into the same cup.
- Pour 1/2 cup (4 ounces) ginger beer into the cup.
- Add a pinch of sugar and 3-4 rosemary needles.
Between the whiskey keeping you warm and the mix of cranberry juice and rosemary, this cocktail is a Christmas classic!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
Want to have a drink with dessert? We’ve got one for you! The Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot is the very best dessert shot there is. The cinnamon and milky flavors are good enough that even Santa might want to drink one down. Here’s how to make this delicious and simple drink:
- Pour 1/8 cup (1 ounce) of cinnamon spiced whiskey into a cocktail shaker.
- Pour 1/8 cup (1 ounce) of cream liqueur into the shaker.
- Shake and pour into a glass.
- Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar.
These Christmas cocktails are sure to get the party bumpin’ this year!