National Beer Day is approaching quickly, and many are wondering how to celebrate this year. We’ve come up with a way for you to party hard and stay safe on your favorite holiday. It’s time to show you how to host a virtual beer Olympics! The virtual beer Olympics consists of 3 rounds, with each round having a different drinking game. The winner gets bragging rights for all of eternity. Read the rules and get ready to celebrate National Beer Day the right way!
It’s simple. Without beer pong, your beer Olympics would be super lame. Luckily, we came up with a brand new way to play! This version of the game doesn’t require you to play directly across from your opponent like a standard beer pong game. It’s safe, fun, and can be played completely virtually. Here’s how to play:
- Both players should fill 6 red solo cups with water. Set the cups up in a triangle formation with the front cup facing the player.
- Stand about 6 feet way from the cups with a ping pong ball and a beer.
- Players take turns shooting the ball into the cups. Every time player 1 makes a cup, it will be removed and player 2 will have to take a sip of beer. If player 2 makes a cup, player 1 drinks.
- Once someone successfully shoots the ball into every cup, they win the game and earn a point. Whoever earns the most points throughout the beer pong tournament wins the round.
- Make sure both players’ webcams are set so they can watch each other shoot the ball. Check webcam to see if it’s working properly before playing because…no one likes a cheater.
Flip cup always gets the party bumping, and we gave it a tweak so it can be played virtually! With a brand new set of rules and even more competitive fun, we think you’re going to LOVE the updated version of this classic drinking game. The rules are simple:
- Fill a red solo cup 1/3 of the way full.
- Set a timer for 1 minute.
- Drink the beer and then flip the cup as many times as you can in 60 seconds. The catch? You can only use one hand for flipping!
- The player who flips the most cups in the allotted time wins the round.
Cheers to the Governor
Cheers to the Governor is the perfect closer to a beer Olympics because it will leave you and your friends rolling on the floor laughing. Not to mention, you can play it easily on Zoom! Cheers to the Governor is both a drinking game and a memory game, which as you can probably tell, can eventually get a little hazy LOL. Cheers to having a good time and stimulating our brains! Here’s how to play:
- In order to play this game, you need to determine a certain order that each player will take their turn. This game is usually played in a circle, moving clockwise from person to person.
- Once the order is determined, a player says the number “1” out loud. The next player will say the number “2.” The goal of the game is to count to the number 15.
- To begin the game, the numbers 7 and 13 are switched when you count. When you take turns counting, it should be in this order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 13, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 7, 14. If you mess up, you drink.
- Think that’s hard? There are more rules. Instead of saying the number 15, you say “cheers to the governor.” If you mess up, you drink.
- The person who says “cheers to the governor” gets to make a rule that replaces a number. For instance, instead of saying the number 1, you have to clap.
- 3 strikes and you’re out. If a player messes up 3 times they are out of the game. Bye, losers.
- Whoever lasts the longest wins the round!
Now that you know all the rules, it’s time to have yourself a DAY. We promise this will be the best National Beer Day yet. Make sure to check out our site for any of your party needs!