What’s even better than a regular t shirt? A tee that’s been cut and styled to make you look even cooler when you wear it! We know you love t shirts because they’re fun and go with anything. It’s easy to add variety to your tee wardrobe with just a little craftiness. Even your favorite t shirts can feel a little basic after you’ve worn them dozens of times. Good news, though: It’s very easy to give your beloved tees just the right flair to make them feel more you.
Now’s the perfect time to become your own stylist with these DIY t shirt tricks. Fashion influencer and Instagram star Evangeline Demuro has given us several exciting ways to restyle your tee into one that’s sure to get you all the likes. All you need is a t-shirt, a pair of scissors and some safety pins!
Watch her video to see how it’s done:
See below for instructions for these DIY t shirt cutting ideas.
1. Add fringe to your t-shirt
- Select the horizontal line you want the fringe to start, such as at your belly button
- Cut off the very bottom of your t-shirt
- Cut vertical strips on the front and back up to your desired starting point to create the fringe
- Tie a knot at the top of each strip to ensure it stays in place
2. Add safety pins to your t-shirt’s neckline
- For this punk-rock look, cut a line below the t-shirt’s collar
- Then add a row of safety pins to fill in the gap you’ve created
3. Make your tee tie in the back
- Cut a line up the middle of the back of your t-shirt
- From there, cut out a rectangle from the left and right side side
- Turn it over and cut a line up the middle of the front of your t-shirt
- Use the ties you’ve created to tie a knot in the back
But that’s not all! Evangeline also shows you how to use bleach you already have in the house along with some rubber bands to create a cool effect that will make your tee stand out!
You can experiment using Evangeline’s techniques as a starting point and see where they take you and your t-shirt collection.
There you have it: three ways to cut your t-shirts and give them your own personal look! Want a new tee to add to your wardrobe? Check out Spencer’s for the coolest graphic t-shirts around, with new styles added every week.